Let's be clear here, singing 'Girls just wanna have fun' to a girl who is having a bad time because she was forced out of the closet is like singing 'Get this party started' to someone whose father just died.
Famous person:Oh! Tumblr. That seems nice... Let me troll on the tags and- Oh, that's not cute. Wh-what did they do this? I-I never touched this person. Bu- we are just friends. Oh my God, what did they- They can manip, oh god... Manips everywhere and- WHO GAVE INTERNET TO THESE PEOPLE?!
1. One in three women die or are seriously injured as a result of gender-based violence. Violence against women results in more deaths among women ages 15 to 44 than the total number of women who die because of war, malaria, and cancer.
4. Approximately 96 million young women in developing countries still cannot read or write. Globally, girls account for 55 percent of children not in school.
5. Nearly 75 percent of those displaced by violent conflict are women. Displacement leaves women without access to health care, proper nutrition or education. Displaced women face a higher threat of gender-based terrorism and violence.
6. The 1994 genocide in Rwanda resulted in hundreds of thousands of violent sexual assaults, resulting in an estimated 250,000 women falling victim to HIV/AIDS. While many women awaiting treatment died, their perpetrators receive antiretroviral therapies in prison.
7. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that actually denies women the right to vote by law. In other parts of the world, where women are legally allowed to vote, many women still struggle to exercise their rights. For example, in Afghanistan, some women were denied the right to vote in 2009 because the country lacked the necessary amount of female staff members to provide enough polls for women.
9. In 1974, Isabel Peron became the world’s first woman president, when she was elected President of Argentina. Around the world, 68 women have served as head of state in their country (not including monarchies). Currently, 38 women serve as head of government around the world. In 1997, Ireland became the first country to succeed power from one female president to another.
10. African nations have more women in parliament than most western nations. Rwanda ranks number one in world rankings for the highest representation of women at 49 percent.
Golda Meir was an elected head-of-state before Isabel Peron, though, in 1969.
Go ahead and mock. I like dancing and singing this song loudly with my friends. I may deserve the mocking, but it doesn’t mean I’m embarrassed. (Ahem…Guilty Pleasure Bands: Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco)
Not only do I love your blog ( heh found it ) but I also am secretly infatuated with you. K. here we go I got this idea from a spam msg I received on Facebook lol.. I know you like me but were always way too shy to say so :3 go hit up crushmasher(dót)com (uhh it wont let me do a regular link) then make an acct there. Search for the profile 'justmeandu33' ( obv me ) I posted body pix.. if u can figure out who I am msg me and we'll kick it. CC required for age but it is free. (annoying i know)